Oscillations & Modulations is a two–day festival of synthesisers and electronic music, taking place 20th–21st March 2018 in various locations throughout the city of Derry.
The festival aims to celebrate, explore and expand on an expanding ecosystem of electronic music culture, by showcasing and joining the dots between the music makers and teachers, synthesiser designers and performers, music studios and music spaces, that help to shape and inspire the musical landscape of the city and beyond.
A brief overview of what to expect
- Modular synthesiser building workshops
- Hands-on workshops on modular synthesiser systems
- Talks / Q&As with industry professionals on new and vintage synthesisers and more
- Free open days at a number of local music studios, including Movin’ Music Academy and Celtronic Studios (more to follow).
- Various music events across a number of the city’s most exciting spaces
- Showcases from local and not so local electronic artists
- Showcases from instrument builders, hackers and exploring all things DIY
More details will be updated here soon; many thanks for your interest!
This event is a collaboration between Ulster University, Magee campus, Movin’ Music Academy, Celtronic Studios, Cultúrlann uí Chanáin, the Inner City Trust, Culture Glitch records, Abbazappa Record Shop and the Yellow Yard.
We are grateful to the Provosts’ Outreach Event Fund/Higher Education Innovation Fund for their support of this event.